Alegaon is the cradle of ancient traditions and culture of Maharashtra. Balasaheb Jadhav College symbolizes higher education with Arts, commerce and Science faculties in modern times in this region. The college was established in 1993. Alegaon and neighboring villages have been years tougher are totally dry, backward but developing area. Before 1990 there was no higher education in commerce in this area. The nearest college was at Outr, which catered the need of limited students. So many students had to go either to Manchar, Pune or Mumbai. Therefore B. J. Arts Commerce and Science College disciplines in this area have been exclusive dream of Gramonnati Mandal.
The ambition of Gramonnati Mandal was to have a college affiliate to Savitribai Phule University so that no student of this land would be required to go outside the area for undergraduate education. Thus realizing the need of the area the Mandal hastened the process of establishment of this college, with best auspicious efforts the Arts Commerce and Science College; Ale was inaugurated in the year 1993, with three main faculties. In the same year the commerce department comes in to existence with class of F.Y.B.Com. The full fledged department with three classes started its functioning in 1996. The department in a span of decade got well established and produced near about 1000 students, many of them doing PG, Jobs, Business and Profession.